What is bioinformatics ?
- Bioinformatics is an interdisciplinary filed encompassing all aspects of biological information with the use of computers along with various databases, tools and algorithms to study data diversity at various cellular, molecular and systems level.
Why to study bioinformatics ?
- In the present era, use of computers has become an integral part in the study of biological data.
- Various advancements in the fields of genomics and proteomics have resulted in a massive increase in complexity of data, which needs to be stored, processed, analyzed and interpreted to extract meaningful biological information and discover new insights for further translational research.
- Mining of useful information from data requires the use of computation tools and hence, it is imperative for biologists to be familiar with bioinformatics to tackle the challenges in this tremendously growing era of genomics and proteomics.
What our course provides ?
- Our Bioinformatics training course provides detailed knowledge on various bioinformatics techniques and hands on experience that are essential in processing and interpreting of biological data according to current research needs.
Who can learn Bioinformatics Course ?
- Anyone pursuing/completed bachelors / master’s degree in any field of life science those including computer science, biotechnology, medicine, clinical research, and other relevant fields.
- B.Pharm/M.Pharm, BE/ME are also eligible.
- People working in industries or associated with research (working as research associates, project fellow at any research institutes, colleges, universities) can apply.
- Those completed with 10+2 level with background of Biology or computer science and physics, chemistry are also welcomed.
Which all fields use bioinformatics ?
- Drug development
- Molecular medicine
- Personalized medicine
- Gene therapy
- Antibiotic resistance
- Evolutionary studies
- Crop improvement
- Forensic analysis
What are career options/ Job opportunities of bioinformatics ?
- PhD and research life sciences in India and abroad, IT sector, Pharmaceuticals, Biotech research centers, biomedical organizations, Agricultural companies, etc.
What are the roles and responsibilities after doing bioinformatics ?
- Bioinformatics scientist
- Bioinformatics analyst
- Data scientist
- scientific curator
- Research assistant
- Research associate
- Computational Biologist
What is the salary package after doing bioinformatics ?
- Depending upon the firm you join. Around 2-3 lacs p.a. in private companies for freshers and 3-4 lacs in government sector.
- Some companies do offer annual package of 6-7 lac depending upon your skills and work.
What is Future scope of bioinformatics ?
- Techniques and methodologies used in current biology and medical labs generate large amount of data which cannot be analyzed manually.
- Thus, current research cannot proceed without bioinformatics.
- Further, future scope includes various fields of rapidly growing areas of genomics, agriculture, drug development, pharmaceuticals, IT sectors, etc.
Top Recruiting companies for bioinformatics ?
- GANIT Labs
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Jubilant Biosys
- Strand Life Sciences
- CytoGenomics India
- Accelrys Software Solutions
- Aurigene Discovery
- Bijam Biosciences
- Biomed Informatics
- Neogen Informatics
What you will learn through bioinformatics course ?
- Understand and appreciate the field of bioinformatics and its growing demands
- Through basic courses you will understand the fundamentals of bioinformatics
- Through advanced courses you will get into core bioinformatics knowledge, where each module will help you to gain understanding of different aspects of bioinformatics and ongoing researches.
Outcome of the bioinformatics Course ?
- Bioinformatics training course certificate
- Hands on experience dealing with biological data
- Lectures on review and manuscript writing
- Interaction with research scientists and industry experts
Introduction to bioinformatics, need and applications
Understanding types and complexity of data
Introduction to databases
- Introduction to databases (primary and secondary), exploring and querying:
- Nucleic Acid and Protein Sequence databases (GenBank, EMBL, DDBJ, dbEST, dbSTS, RefSeq, UniProtKB/SwissProt)
- Derived databases
- Literature databases (PubMed)
- RNA Sequence databases (miRBase, lncRNAdb, siRNA)
- Structural databases (PDB)
- Introduction to EXPASY and exploring its tools
- Introduction to sequence alignment
- Algorithms of Sequence alignments:
- Pairwise sequence alignment (Needleman & Wunsch, Smith and Waterman)
- Multiple sequence alignment (Muscle, ClustalW)
- Database similarity searches using BLAST, PSI-BLAST, FASTA, Introduction to BLAST2, MegaBLAST and Discontiguous MegaBLAST
- Introduction to PERL and use in bioinformatics
- Basic concepts of flowcharting and pseudocodes
- Working with strings, arrays, loops, numbers, hash functions and subroutines
- File handling (opening and working, saving data into files), pattern matching
- Working on biological data
Introduction to structural biology
- Protein structure (primary, secondary, supersecondary, tertiary and quaternary)
- Internal coordinates (Bond length, bond angle, torsional angle), dihedral angles, Ramachandran plot
- Visualization tools
- Protein structure prediction
Introduction to neuroinformatics
- Introduction to nervous system and neurons
- Anatomy, structure and functions of neurons
- Membrane potential, sodium-potassium pump, saltatory conduction in neurons, receptors and neurotransmitters, synapse
- Neuron action potential
- Axon diameter and myelination
- Introduction to neuroscience databases (Allen Brain Atlas and BRAINnet)
Getting familiar with linux commands
What is the Bioinformatics Course Duration ?
- Overall - 2 Months
- Batch Mode - Daily / Weekend.
What is the Bioinformatics Course fees ?
- Our fees are dependent on batches, You can call our executive and they tell you current batch fees.
Who are the trainers for Bioinformatics Course ?
- We have experienced trainers team with us, who is having more than 5+ years real time industry experience, other than that they have teaching experience.
- Our trainers are experts in their field and have thorough domain knowledge and hands-on industry expertise.
Do you provide Bioinformatics Course training material to the candidates ?
- Yes, study material will be provided to you in our website, we will give you access to our study material.
How to register ?
- There are two ways of getting register for the course, one you can enter Name, Email, Phone and Course and registrar on website.
- Second, you can simply give us a call our executive will do all the needful for you.
What are the payment options ?
- Bank Transfer (NEFT)
- Cheque Payment
- Google pay, Paytm
- Western Union Money transfer
Will I get a demo class ?
- Yes, you can registrar for Free Demo class.
What is system configuration required for an online training class ?
- You don’t need any special configuration, have the proper equipment like headphone, internet, regular configured course.
What if I have any questions during the class ?
- You can always ask any questions during class and the trainer will right away answer your question.
What if I miss the class ?
- You don’t need to worry we will give you recorded session, and we will let u know the class time for missed class from another batch, you just need to manage time.
Will there be interactive classes, Practical classes with real-time exposure ?
- There will be an interactive call, we will take practical classes.